Can I as a minor travel to Canada?

Question by tpirocchi: Can I as a minor travel to Canada?
I wish to take a road trip across Canada extending into Alaska along the Alaskan Marine Highway, sadly i will not turn 18 until the trip is complete, I am however going with a friend who will be 18 at the time, is there any legal issue with first – him taking me, and second me crossing the border, also I have my guardians permission to travel.

Best answer:

Answer by jaker
You will probably need a passport.

What do you think? Answer below!

This entry was posted in Alaska Tour and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Can I as a minor travel to Canada?

  1. Z says:

    As a minor, you must have a passport AND written notarized consent from both your parents/legal guardian(s) for you to cross the border. It makes no difference how old your friend is.

    The important thing is to have all the documents – merely insisting that you have your guardian’s permission to travel won’t be enough.

  2. old lady says:

    As long as you have an up-to-date passport, and a notarized letter of permission from your parents (or your guardians) you will have no problems.